We Protect Your Medical Leave Rights
Some employees are entitled to take leave from their employment because of childbirth, a severe health condition, or the serious health condition of a close relative with the assurance they will be able to return to their position and not experience retaliation for taking leave.
Common reasons employees may be eligible for leave include:
- Serious illness
- Serious injury
- To care for a spouse, son, daughter or parent who has a severe health condition
Ways in which an employer may violate your right to medical/parental leave include:
- Denying or preventing you from taking leave
- Threatening or intimidating you from taking leave
- Failing to reinstate you to your former position under the same terms that existed prior to your leave
- Retaliating against you for exercising your rights to leave
- Terminating your employment for taking leave
If you believe your employer has retaliated against you or unlawfully denied your medical leave, reach out to us.
Get A Case Review From Our Employment Law Attorneys
At Fabian May & Anderson, PLLP, our team has over 70 years of combined experience in employment law matters, and we can help you understand the law around medical leave. Schedule a meeting with us by calling our Minneapolis office at 612-464-9105 or using this online form.